Note: This article refers to the legacy version of the Website Builder. If you signed up to the HostPapa Website Builder after March 11 2020, you’re on the new version of the Website Builder. For help, go here.
The Tweet This widget allows visitors to easily share content from your site directly to their Twitter feed without having to leave your site.
Here’s how to add the Tweet This Widget to your site:
- The Tweet This Widget is located in Widgets > More > Social. Drag and drop it onto your page.
- Click Edit on the top-left corner of the widget, and you will see the following editing options:
- Button: In this menu, you can edit the layout, change the margin and change the alignment of the widget.
- Tweet Text: This is the text that will be included in your visitor’s tweet when they share content from your website.
- URL: This is the URL of the page you’d like to share. You can type in the URL of your site or you can type in the URL of a specific page. Alternatively, you can set it to Automatic and the widget will use the URL of the page it’s on.
- Language: You can choose the language that you’d like the Tweet This icon to display in on your site.
- Recommendations: If you want to share your favorite Twitter accounts with your visitors, you can recommend up to two. These will display after they’ve shared content from your site.
- When you’re finished setting up your button, click Save.
- Save your site and then click Publish to make your changes live.
For some other suggestions on how to promote and drive more traffic to your site, take a look at this tutorial: Promoting your site.